Thursday 28 December 2017

Bravely we tackle the room of doom

My adventures with creativity started following a life changing event... and in the early days all the materials I owned fit into one small expanding toolbox type container.  Hard to believe now, but that was way back when...

Over the years as my interest grew so did my accumulation of materials and I bought all sorts of things to try out..My buying habits were random and I was often influenced by price (cheap) or captivated by cuteness or anything pretty, without considering how I might actually use it.

Fast forward a couple of years and my interests were firmly established and my buying more focused...not under control of course - because almost all crafters like to buy new goodies, but at least I was buying things I knew I would use... Only trouble was I was buying them faster than I could actually use them.

Our home office became my craft room and it was perfect for a while... but about four years ago we realised I had outgrown it and after much consideration the larger but rarely used guestroom became my craftroom. More light and more space was heavenly...but what happened?  My craft supplies expanded to fill the available space...

Of course they did not do that on their own - they had a lot of help from me  and before we knew it the lovely craftroom became a chaotic craft pit aka the room of doom....





We promised we would tackle it, swore we would not take another holiday until it was done... but of course we did and I bought more goodies on my travels...until we reached the point where finally enough was enough. We agreed that over this holiday period we would finally tackle the room of doom....




We allowed ourselves Christmas Day and Boxing Day to chill and then we got stuck in. starting yesterday. And WOW! What a revelation. I must admit I am a mix of childish glee and utter embarrassment as I uncover loads of brand new unopened goodies and things I had long forgotten I even owned.... and I mean LOADS! Basics like card and adhesives, as well stamps, dies, embellishments, ribbon and enough alterables to last an eternity...

The first joy was moving the boxes and bags that cluttered the floor and actually seeing the floor and being able to move around the room without the need to scoot sideways, swerve or tiptoe round something... I could appreciate the space once more without fear of  a paper avalanche.

This is a BIG job and I am under no illusion that  it will be quick or easy. It is going to take time to complete but I am so looking forward to an organised craft space in which to create...and in the meantime I having so much fun discovering goodies and thinking of ways to use them... as I  sort and tidy.

The temptation to ditch the sorting and move onto the creating part is strong so my work desk is deliberately covered in piles of stuff ...and this stuff will be the final stuff to be sorted...

So the creating is on hold until the sorting is completed. I hope to be back soon and for the first time in a long while hope to share pictures of my newly organised creative space.

Until next time, take care
Cxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...