Friday 8 December 2017

Winter themed tags


I seemed to have joined rather a lot of swaps this month...and all of them with a winter theme...so here are two tags for starters...

I cut all the tags  and washers with a Tin Holtz tag die set. I cut two the same for each tag and then trim the second one of each for a perfect fit as a layer on the base

The tag on the left is "Do you see what I see?" and  has a Kraft base and a cream velvet card layer,which has been treated with two shades of distress oxides wiped back through a leafy stencil to get the background effect. Once that was fully dry I stamped over with white Kraft ink and a couple of snowflake stamps. The owl was stamped, coloured and punched out along with the branches and adhered to the tag (the owl is popped up on a foam pad) Then I went over the entire tag and picked out areas to add some sparkly stickles. The final step was to decide on the wording for which I used a sticker by my dear friend Marta 

The tag on the right is "Let it Snow"  and has a white base which was stamped with random snowflakes before the layer was added. The main panel was coated with blue distress oxides and wiped back through a cracked stencil to give an icy effect. This was over-stamped with random snowflakes using white Kraft ink... which was also used to blend the edges. The dancing penguin was one I had in my Xmas box and I thought he worked well with this theme and colour. The snowflakes and stars were punched out of  diamond glitter card and the whole thing was finished by the addition of the wording sticker 

The tags have since made their way to the intended recipient who says she loves them, so that is a job well done!
Until next time
Cxx

1 comment:

  1. OOOhhhh... I love the little owl! Did you buy that at Michaels? I have some of those. I need to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...