Another Gothic Arch project...Lots of texture on this one using a Viva stone paste through a brick stencil and adding the clean up paste randomly across the arch before using inks and sprays. As with the first one, I added a second detail layer at the top of the arch and used Tim Holtz paper dolls to finish it off. Its very simple but I really like this one.
Perusing t'interweb tonight I stumbled across "Artist Trading Coins" - a new one on me. Apparently it is a type of ATC but coin shaped, sturdy and two and half inches in diameter.
I just had to try for myself and I think I have a new addiction 😍
I had such fun making these and I am pretty sure I will make loads more in the coming weeks. I was so keen to share them I didn't even bother to take them to my photo station...I just snapped them right there on my messy desk.
This is a tag made for a regular swap on UK Stampers. I used a gelli print base and added a variety of stamps from VLVS...including the "ratman" who was stamped on white linen card, coloured, fussy cut and adhered to the tag with gel medium.
I had no idea what I was going to make when I started out but I am very pleased how this one evolved and I am happy with the end result...Now I need to punch a hole and add some twine and its good to go.
I take part in a number of swaps and random challenges across web based groups and this was made for a Time themed Gothic Arch challenge. A downloadable template was provided for the basic arch shape and that was what I used to base my project on. I have since found several other downloadable Gothic Arch templates of varying designs. I decided it made sense to prep a few of these at the same time so it is highly likely I will be sharing more of these in future.
For this particular project I used a mix of three shades of blue acrylic paints, an assortment of stamps and archival ink. The boy sitting on the clock hand (katzelkraft stamp) is from a Tim Holtz paper dolls pack.
I added an extra piece which I cut from scraps using the template as a guide. This was my first every try at something like this and it was fun.
I have two brothers...with birthdays just two days apart and so I made this card, using a selection of Tim Holtz stamps and distress inks, for the brother who lives in New Zealand and I am hoping the Brit theme will raise a smile. Due to unreliable international postage times I always have to make his card in early April, to be sure of getting it there in time, but I was quite pleased how this came out.
My other brother lives 40 miles away and his card is still in progress, but at least I can post that off a couple of days before his birthday.
This was my April card for my regular swap buddy Suzanne. I used a gelli plate print for the background and added stamped and coloured quirky birds and a sentiment to complete this cheery little card...which I know Suzanne loved because she sent me a really lovely message. It is so nice to get positive feedback on something "made with love."