Tuesday, 31 May 2016


And now for something completely different... a card I was asked to make a for a little flower girl. I used a tonic die for the background and left the cuts in the design at the four corners. The image was coloured (and adapted slightly) using markers. Wink of Stella on the wings and flowers and perfect pearls as corner accents to complete.
Thanks for dropping by...
Until next time

Thursday, 26 May 2016

Celebrate your Fabulousness

This sentiment (from Happy Happenings set by Stampin' Up!) has quickly become a firm favourite of mine and I have already been using it in a wide variety of projects.

This was a very simple card made with dylusions sprays a few stamped flowers and a double punched butterfly but I really liked the simplicity in this one.
Thanks for dropping by.
Until next time

Shine... like a super nova

I made this bright fun card  using new stamps from VLVS .

I started out with a piece of glossy card and to this I added Brushos in shades of yellow, lemon and orange with a few touches of turquoise here and there. Once I was happy with the balance I left this to dry.

I then stamped the wording and the star using archival ink. I also decided to stamp another star to add over the top of the base for a bit more depth and for this I used a Dylusions spray in pure sunshine for a slightly different gold yellow effect. I cut this out with scissors around the heavy scribbly lines of the star and adhered it over the top of the original, lining up the scribbly edges of course.

I wanted to keep with the shiny idea and so after inking the edges of the completed panel I decided to mat it onto a blue mirri board. I was quite pleased with how it all turned out
Until next time

Sunday, 22 May 2016

Say Cheese

I just love this ratty lil mousey rat (I thought it was a mouse but the title of the stamp calls it a rat...shock horror!)  Anyhow...it is a fab stamp to work with and it is central to the monthly challenge over at VLVS blog this month and it was the challenge that prompted this card.

 The chevrons and splodgey bits are all from the latest VLVS releases too. All greys and black for this one...cheese excepted of course because black cheese would be just wrong!

Until next time

Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Playing with Brushos ...

I decided to have a play with Brushos and rather than use them as water reactive backgrounds for this card I used them as a paint... but because I knew I wanted to add on top of the background  and Brushos react to liquids, I decided to try something other than water to seal the colours in place.

I still sprinkled the Brusho powders onto my piece of card but instead of water I used matt gel medium and a paint brush to blend the background shades. This pretty much reacts like acrylic paint and allowed me to add inks and texture paste and stamping on top of the background with no blending of the background colours. It also allowed me to use a baby wipe to remove colour as I worked.

This was the first time I had tried this and I was pretty pleased with how it came out so I think I will probably try to develop this further.

Until next time,

Saturday, 7 May 2016

Age doesn't count...

Another in the "creepy" series...I just love these new stamps, can you tell?

This one I made specifically with the monthly challenge over at VLVS  (home of all that is wonderful in the rubber stamping world...and where you can buy the creepy stamps) in mind and I will admit that I didn't fully read the brief for this one  when I started out -  I was so caught up in the idea of using creepy mouse ....

So initially my background was a bit too colourful...but of course that was easily remedied with the addition of some extra grungy texture and the liberal sponging of darker shades (lots of greys and blacks) . This is offset slightly with the splatters of shimmer paint. Its one of those cards that looks way better in the hand than it does on the screen, but it is one of my favourite makes this week.

I also plan to enter it into the Craft Stamper  Take it Make it Challenge which is a free challenge to make anything as long as it has a stamp on it....which of course this card does....and also into the Make Your Mark challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More

Until next time

Products used:
shimmer card (from Papermill Direct)
Ranger distress paints (broken china, weathered wood, spun sugar,picked raspberry)
Dylusions ink spray (crushed grape, pure sunshine,)
Stamps from VLVS,... coloured with markers from Stampin' Up!
Dreamweaver texture paste,
Stencils:  Tim Holtz cargo &  Memory box texture mesh
Letraset fine line marker
Decoart shimmer mister in white
weathered wood distress ink, Ranger archival black ink.

Sunday, 1 May 2016

Creepy critters

I am loving the creepy series of stamps on one of my new plates of rubber from VLVS. I have been messing about with them, stamping onto just about everything within reach.

For this card I used an off-cut of  white card with a few shades of distress inks for the background. I stamped the image onto the background and also onto pearlescent card using archival ink.  I also stamped two of the hats and another of the creepy critters heads and cut them out. ...giving the head a quick hair cut in the process. It was then simply a matter of lining them up over the base stamped image. It wasn't until I was assembling the pieces that I decided to offset the extra head.

I can see lots of ways this (and the other stamps on the plate) can be used and I suspect I will be sharing lots of these in the coming weeks.

Until next time

Summer fun at St Joe's

So once I week I volunteer at our local hospice (St Joseph's) as part of the Arts Programme there. I work with patients in the Day Ho...