Wednesday 27 May 2020

Scribble that sh!t out (AJP)


This was an art journal page inspired by a project I did as part of the ongoing Well Spring 2020 online course. I layered up old  torn pieces of book pages, gessoed over the top, added some acrylic paint and then topped with some random stamping and mark making.  I added some black paint and wiped back through a stencil to complete my background.  On a separate piece of card I stamped the focal image (by VLVS) and coloured it before adhering it to the page. Finally I stamped the wording (also VLVS) to complete the page.

The wording resonates with me because for the past year or so I have started out almost every project by scribbling random thoughts on the page and then covering them up with the layers of gesso, paint and other mediums. It is very therapeutic so I shall continue to scribble that shit out every time.

It was a fun exercise and I'm happy its in my play journal.
Until next time, stay safe
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...