Monday 11 July 2016

Dared to Create on Day two (part one...the morning)



The second day of the Dare to Create adventure began bright an early with a workshop with Andy Skinner and this wonderful notebook was the project we made that morning.

This was all new stuff to me and a few times I could be heard saying "what did he say?" or "what colour?"...  and despite using it several times throughout the weekend, I still can't quite get my mouth round Quinachridone Gold. In fact a lot of colours have names that leave me totally tongue tied.  I do know my primary colours though! 

We started out with a notebook and set too preparing the covers for the Andy treatment. Once this was done we started on all the elements that go to make this a mini work of art.
I particularly loved the way we arrived at the bolts and I loved the aged and distressed appearance of the bookplate once we had finished it.

I chose to put mine on the back of the book but on reflection I think I may have preferred it on the front... its not a problem I can always add to the front if I still feel this way in a few days...I know I want to add a little something to the back anyway...

But for a first foray into this style of things I was very pleased with how it all came out and I loved every second of the workshop. Cheers Andy!

I also was surprised (or should I say stunned,  as I never win anything) to be the lucky recipient of a prize giveaway in Andy's class ... and my prize was this fabulous set of Chocolate Baroque Stamps.

I love the winged heart image and can see myself using every single one of the wording stamps in the coming weeks. I couldn't have hoped for a better prize.


The session ended in time for lunch after which we all met for our final workshop of the day and of the weekend... but more about that next time.
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...