Saturday 16 July 2016

Summertime Dream


This was an art journal page I  created as part of a  Summer themed page swap... It was actually my second attempt because initially I had wanted to make a summer meadow scene with butterflies rising up out of the flower-filled summer grass ... but there was a real problem transferring what was in my head onto the page ... it ended up being a hot mess. As with every hot mess project there comes a time to admit defeat and start over and so that was what I did... I wrote on my hot mess page acknowledging defeat and I flipped it over  and set to work on what I hoped would be a sunnier side.. and I was right!

This is one of those pages that just grew  and grew until I decide okay that's it, I'm done!  As with all good pages, it starts with gesso... followed by layers of blended acrylics,... I  drew the flowers and leaves freehand - something I need to work on - and then followed it with some colouring, shading, stamping, paint splashing., sponge edging and in this case a little Wink of Stella too...

And this is it. All Grown...

Until next time
Cxx

Stamps used:
Labeler Alphabet  and Butterfly stamps are by Stampin' Up!
Dream is one of a set of Artistic Expressions by Chocolate Baroque
Scribbly swirls in background are by Viva Las Vegas Stamps


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...