Tuesday 28 August 2018

Be Brave... Adventure awaits you (Bunting swap)


I am taking part in a six month long bunting swap on UK Stampers and this is month one. I will admit I hadn't realised each month was going to be a different theme and I've yet to reconcile myself with how this will look should I decide to string them all together at the end of the six month swap...but more importantly for me, I hadn't spotted the themed aspect and I really hate themes. While I appreciate that many people find working to a theme helpful, for some reason when I am faced with a theme, all creativity vanishes and I am totally bereft of ideas...

But sign up for this I did and so here we are... the first theme was travel so I thought maps.... so I made my base bunting from an old card board box that some A4 card came in and I covered that with map paper and topped with three shades of distress oxides. I over-stamped the whole thing with a paper artsy script stamp (not really visible in the rather horrible photo) using tumbled glass distress oxide. The main image was stamped onto linen paper using black archival ink, cut out and adhered  and sealed using mat gel medium. I added some Tim Holtz  tiny words stickers for the wording Be Brave... Adventure awaits you...  Some charcoal pencil, black inktense pen, wink of Stella and silver uniball were used for highlights and it was finished. This piece is going to Germany and I hope my swap partner will like it.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...