Friday 17 August 2018

Every leaf....



I have more recently  been kiboshed by a particularly nasty summer lurgy that came suddenly and refused to budge, hence the long absence...but  some weeks later I am beginning to feel human again (Thank  goodness) and today was the first day I managed to spend some creative time... and so I made this card for my swap buddy Suzanne.

While I was battling lurgy the latest release of distress oxides landed here and while I knew they were here, I didn't have any oomph to even open them - but I am going to make  up for that now.

This card was a plain white base into which I blended  oxides ripe persimmon  and mustard seed. I over-stamped this with  a paper artsy script stamp using old paper oxide which provided a subtle layer. Then I added the leaves  and hedgehog in sepia archival ink  over the top and coloured the leaf pile with distress markers.

 Leaves, hedgehog and sentiment were all from a magazine "freebie" that my husband picked up for me while I was bed-bound (bless him) and I quite enjoyed working with them and as they are versatile I will get a lot of use out of these.

Once everything was done and dry I matted the panel onto some Kraft card and then onto a thick white card base. It will go in the mail tomorrow and I hope Suzanne will like it.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...