Tuesday 20 February 2018

One of a kind Love


This was an ATC I made for a swap on the Mixed Up Mag Mixer group where the February theme was of course Love ...there's just no getting away from it at this time of year eh?  😍

I used an MDF blank base to which I applied black acrylic paint, added weathered wood and when that was dry, topped with a dark red acrylic. I love weathered wood more than plain crackle because it allows you to use two shades and have one show through the other when the cracks appear.

For the heart (again MDF) I added red acrylic paint and then stamped with black archival. I ink edged all the way around and then added a little metallic wax to finish it off.

The wings were stamped and heat embossed onto a speciality paper and then cut by hand and adhered behind the heart. The one of a kind  wording was stamped, cut and adhered top centre and the word love  at the bottom was a chipboard piece which I dipped into versamark and covered with metallic embossing powder and heated.

When all was dry and stuck down firmly, I added a little metallic wax around the edges and called it done. I quite liked the end result and hope that by swap partner will too.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...