Thursday 15 February 2018

Love is in the air


I am taking part in a year long swap with UK Stampers. Each month we make a  square relating to the month in question... and this is February. Pretty sure the word February in the top corner gave it away 😉
I didn't want to make a square inspired by the cold and grey climate, bare trees, rain etc and I wasn't in the mood for pancakes... but Love has been everywhere this week. 

For this one I used my new favourite distress oxide ink for the background. The heart focal point is MDF which I painted with decoart acrylic and then stamped a patterned heart design with versamark and added platinum embossing powder. I used Payne's grey acrylic around the edges. The wings were stamped and embossed onto speciality paper and then fussy cut. I used heavy body gel to adhere the finished heart to the card square. I used an assortment of stamps for the words and hearts.

I was quite happy with the end result and its winging its way to the recipient as I type.
Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...