Friday 17 May 2019

Spring is Sprung, the grass is Riz.....


This was made for an art journal challenge in an online group - the prompts were "Spring is here, some teal (ish) colour, birdies, some hidden numbers, use pencil, add some words"

 I had such fun with this. It was inspired by my late Mum who, at this time of year, would always quote

"Spring is Sprung, The Grass is Riz... I wonder where the Birdies is?"


It goes without saying (or should do) that I used gesso on both pages to prime them before I got started

On the first side I adhered some torn book pages (happened to be foreign language text) and then using a palette knife applied a layer of teal paint that had been mixed with tinting base. Once dry I used the same palette knife to drag layers of colour over the top, sticking to shades of teal , grey and blues. This helped to build up texture as well as add dimension to my "sky". The leaves , grass and flowers were stamped onto to linen paper and coloured with promarkers. I fussy cut them all and used gel medium to add them to the page, building up the leaves with layer upon layer....

 On the birdie page I added numbers using a stencil and some crackle paint before adding and blending white, Payne's grey and teal acrylic paints. I used a couple of different stencils to go over that with both grey and teal paint and used a white gel pen to scribble some words on there too, before adding my birdies which were stamped and then coloured with promarkers.

I am really pleased with how this page came out. I think of my lovely Mum all the time and love it when my art work is inspired or influenced by her. She would love that too.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...