Monday 20 May 2019

If you are lucky enough to be different, never change


This art journal spread was in response to a mood board prompt in Nina Ribena's art journal group on FB. I spent ages staring at the mood board and then I went off to my creative space (which is a TV and PC free zone) and this is what happened.

The background was made by layering gesso with a palette knife to give some early texture and then layering up paint (with the palette knife) on top of that until I was happy with the general effect. The birds and leaves were stamped onto linen paper, coloured and fussy cut (took ages to do all the leaves).

To build the page I stamped the borders with black archival and then began to adhere the leaves to form the tree...and then I used brown Posca pen to build up the tree trunk. When it was dry I added some texture and then went over the trunk again with two shades of brown promarkers. Once that was done I just had to place the birds and add the words and I was done.

It came out better than I expected and I am quite pleased with the latest addition to my latest art journal.
Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...