Thursday 9 May 2019

Rise Above


I have recently been playing around with abstract art using acrylic paints and a hot glue gun. The thing I particularly love about this technique, is that it's quick and easy to do and every project is an absolute original.

For this one I used a round wooden base, black gesso, metallic paints in green and teal, the hot glue and I added fairy wings sparks paint over the top of the glue. The paints I used were all from a range by Finnabair, but any acrylic paints will work as well and these were just to hand.  To finish it off I added a wording sticker (from a range by Tim Holtz) and I went around the outside edge of the wooden base with some gold wax.

All in, including drying time, this took around an hour and would make a great project for a class or group.
Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...