Monday 15 April 2019

MoM Day two.... Desk Organiser







This was the practical project we made in the workshop with Andy Skinner. Not a skull in sight but lots of rust and industrial grunge to make this desk organiser. There were a lot of processes to take this from pieces of wood to the finished product and it was a lot of fun.
The light is not good here at the moment but hopefully you can get a decent idea  of the finishes from the detail pics.



The finished piece has a working clock mechanism  and since I don't have a clock in my craftroom at the moment that is an added bonus....although the loud ticking might drive me crazy over time.




Although sitting on my desk it is unlikely to be seen much, I also decorated the back of my project...because I could and because I will know it is done.


I really enjoyed making this and I love a practical project....There is something particularly satisfying about making something with a purpose that I can put to use every day ....and especially something as cool as this piece.

Until next time,
Cxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...