Monday 7 January 2019

Hello Friend...



This card  (one of many  this week) made  using freebies from a magazine. The magazine had a selection of stamps and stencils as free gifts. I know, we all know, they are factored into the price of the magazine and so not exactly free, but hey we use this to justify buying the  mag right?  But anyhow these freebies included smaller samples of stamp sets I already own but they are perfect for tags and atcs/coins etc and the mini stencils are great for any project. I love the font used in the sentiment stamps and just know I will use them loads....unlike the focal flower on this card which is possibly my least favourite of all...and that is the reason I chose to use it first.

I made the background for this card using one of the stencils (flowers and leaves)  and I  used three shades of distress oxides through the stencil, moving it randomly across the card until I was happy with the end result. I stamped the focal image onto white card three times...once using green ink to get the tint detailed leaves in green, and the other two which were fussy cut and layered, were stamped using memento black and coloured with promarkers. Although this flower will never be a firm favourite, I was happy enough with how this turned out and will try to find at least two other ways to use this image. Watch this space
Until next time,
C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...