Thursday 3 January 2019

Have an open heart.... First AJP of 2019


This is my project made on the first day of 2019...my first AJP of 2019  which was made for a swap in an art journal group. I had such fun getting all painty and inky after all the Christmas stuff and with January first being a holiday I was able to spend as much time as I needed just working on this to get it finished in one day.

I used a 7 x 10 inch Canson mixed media page for this project and started off with a  fairly thick layer of gesso randomly applied with a palette knife to give some natural texture to the base page.

My background colours were DecoArt media line fluid acrylics in Pyrrole Orange and Diarylide Yellow,  over which I used a scratchy stamp from Andy Skinner's Toxic set using black archival ink.

The borders were made using a Dylusions stencil and black archival ink (which I also used to ink the edges all the way around) Once the ink was dry I outlined the pattern using a broad white uni-ball signo gel pen.

The cat lady (Ranger Dylusions design by Dyan Reaveley) was stamped direct to the page and also onto linen card. I coloured the dress and shoes with poppy red promarker and cut  out the dress and the legs from the linen card and adhered them over the stamped image.

The hearts were a free stamp with the latest (Feb 2019) edition of Craft Stamper Magazine and all of then were made into mini pockets before being adhered to the page with gel  medium. The centre pocket was stuffed with assorted small and  mini hearts punched from red textured and red glitter card. The wording on that heart is from Tim Holtz  small talk (sticker stack)

This page is all packaged up and will be on its way to my swap partner tomorrow. It is my first project of 2019 and I will be kinda sad to see it go... but there will hopefully be hundreds of projects in 2019...so onward and upward
Until next time, Happy New Year!
C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...