Friday 25 January 2019

Forever Fearless




Last year a friend put me onto an art journal group with weekly  inspiration prompts - the kind that you can dip in and out of whenever you like - and this was made for the first prompt of 2019. The prompt was words and it also had a mood board to go along with it. I chose to work on this grey board book page.

 I first covered the entire page is some newsprint style designer paper and
lifted the colours (pink and blue) and a little grunge form the mood board.  I used DecoArt media line fluid acrylics for the background and Distress Oxide inks for the heart.
I used black modelling paste and a stencil for the Forever and Fearless wording and once it was dry I used Treasure Gold over the top. The Here I am is a chipboard piece which I painted with fluid acrylic, stamped over with black archival and added touches of treasure gold for highlights.

Additional background stamping using black archival and a selection of mark maker stamps form VLVS and a little doodling with black and white gel pens finished it off. I was really pleased with how this piece came out and I am going to add the finished piece into a book I am building.

Until next time
C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...