Friday 31 March 2017

Stencil scene


This was one of several birthday cards made for the same recipient this month and as he likes nature this seemed like an obvious choice. I used a  textured card as a base to give a canvas effect and a stencil to frame the image.  I used a sponge to apply and blend blue and green shades of distress oxides which I then lightly spritzed with water. I stamped the trees using markers direct to stamps and the animals were stamped onto linen paper, coloured with markers and then adhered to the panel. I added the happy birthday wording in the bottom corner and then adhered the panel to the card base using foam pads. Stamps used are all from Stampin' Up!

I really liked the way the stencil frames the image and I plan to try out several other designs using this basic starting point.

Until next time
Cxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...