Thursday 23 March 2017

52 card cafe...H is for Hearts


I am going to admit this was one of my favourites to make and I really like the simplicity of the design. I believe it is the seven of hearts underneath...topped with gesso of course.

I used three shades of acrylics, blended here on the main card. Once that was dry I used a Finnabair stamp and stamped the lettering in black archival. Once the ink was completely dry I applied a decent thickness of crackle glaze and left it overnight to dry.

I also took a piece of red card, stamped it with the Finnabair stamp and used a punch  to get the heart shape. I then added  crackle glaze to that too and left it to dry.

In the morning it was simply a matter of sponging some black ink around the edges and adhering the heart to the playing card. Job done!

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...