Thursday 19 January 2017

52 cafe card week two... B is for Bubbles

This is my altered playing card for week two...where the theme was Bubbles.

For this one I added an extra thick later of gesso and purposely painted it on in waves and ridges. I used a  teal acrylic and then a turquoise dylusions spray over the top.

Once this was dry I stamped the rising bubbles (by Ryn) using archival ink direct to the card...and I also stamped the interconnecting circles (by VLVS) onto textured paper and coloured them with watered down acrylics and then used alcohol markers over the top of a few of them... Once dry I cut them out and adhered them to the card with matt medium. I stamped the wording  and then added some glossy crackle medium to a select few circles. I dry brushed the edges with darker blue acrylic to finish it off.

I do find working on such a small scale quite a challenge but I am enjoying it so far.

Until next time, take care
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...