Monday 16 January 2017

52 Cafe Card Challenge

I am taking part in a year long challenge with the  group at  Maremi Creative Cafe ...the aim is to  to alter a playing card (from an ordinary standard  pack of playing cards) each week with each one being themed by using a letter of the alphabet.

So we started week one with the letter A...is for Art.

For all the cards I start out with a base layer of gesso  (I gessoed a dozen to start me off so they are ready when I am ready to start) and then for this one I added some decoart acrylics in multiple colours over the top. I  stamped the paintbrush stamp (from VLVS)  and the wording (from Chocolate Baroque) onto white textured paper and added colour to them. I adhered the brush to the card with matt medium and then added some more acrylic paint which I allowed to drip off the ends of the brush. Once that was dry I adhered the words and ink edged the card to finish it off.

I hope you like it, I had fun making it.
 Week two to follow very soon...
Until next time, take care
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...