Tuesday 17 May 2016

Playing with Brushos ...

I decided to have a play with Brushos and rather than use them as water reactive backgrounds for this card I used them as a paint... but because I knew I wanted to add on top of the background  and Brushos react to liquids, I decided to try something other than water to seal the colours in place.

I still sprinkled the Brusho powders onto my piece of card but instead of water I used matt gel medium and a paint brush to blend the background shades. This pretty much reacts like acrylic paint and allowed me to add inks and texture paste and stamping on top of the background with no blending of the background colours. It also allowed me to use a baby wipe to remove colour as I worked.

This was the first time I had tried this and I was pretty pleased with how it came out so I think I will probably try to develop this further.

Until next time,
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...