Tuesday 3 June 2014

In the pink...

Today I thought I would share a couple of recent cards... both in shades of pink.

The 25th birthday card (on the right) was made using the Tied Together embossing folder with perfect pearls as accents. The central flower panel was made using a Spellbinders die and secured in the centre with a candy dots brad (from Stampin' Up!) I really like these brads because they come separately form the centres so you can use any shade of candy dot to suit your project or as I did here, you can add a pearl or other gem. I distressed the edges of the panel and added a line of faux stitching with a white gel pen.




The birthday card on the left was made with a new (to me at least) die from Taylored expressions which produces an A2 panel of swirlyness.  I matted the die cut panel on to a piece of white card and offset this on the front of the base card, adding 3D stamped butterflies along the remaining edge and a mini sentiment panel in the centre.

TIP:  as this is a very intricate die I put strips of double sided tape on the back of the cardstock before I ran the die through the big shot. This meant that the adhesive was already on the back and I did not have to mess about with trying to put glue on the teeny strings of the pattern.


If you have any questions about any of the projects, products or techniques please leave me a message.

That's all from me for now.

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...