Thursday 19 June 2014

Girly birthday and Father's Day.



Today I wanted to share a couple of cute girly cards using shades of pink.

The card on the right has an embossed background. The stamped image (by Prima) was coloured using promarkers and the little hearts on the waist and head bands were punched  using a new punch from Stampin Up! The flower and sentiment were from a goody bag bought from craft works cards about a gazillion years ago...there was always so much stuff in the goody bags I never managed to use even half of it.




The card on the  left was made using background papers form an art colage stack bought in the USA along with a selection of Memory Box dies...the hearts along the bottom of the card were the punch outs from the top bunting die... I dislike waste and this seemed like an obvious way to use the perfectly formed mini hearts as added accents.


The card on the right was the card I made for  my Dad this Father's day. Its a far cry from the riot of colour in the card he got last year...

This time I went for a more dignified approach and a totally monochrome look across the black to white spectrum. I incorporated grey striped washi tape and a metal button with black and white twisted paper twine
.

That's it for now
Until next time, take care
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...