Tuesday 22 August 2017

Be a Rainbow


This past week I took delivery of some new goodies... The latest release distress oxides and some stencils and stickers designed by Marta Lapowska (ordered from 13@rts in Poland)  and this was my first and very quick make with them. 

 I used three shades of oxides to make the blended background and then  using one of the new stencils and a baby wipe I went in and wiped back some of the colour. This is possibly my favourite thing to do with the oxides to make really quick and easy backgrounds that look fabulous but only take minutes.

I also got one of the Tim Holtz ephemera packs recently and to be honest I was a little bit disappointed ... there is a great range of stuff in the pack but my disappointment is in how tiny everything is...Maybe it says so somewhere in the description but I missed it and I am not entirely sure how I will use some of the pieces...but anyhow the butterflies I used here are from  that pack.

The sentiment is one of Marta's sayings stickers and while I love the wording and the fonts used in some of the stickers, I have realised I don't like stickers. I hate how they sit all shiny and I wish they were rub on transfers rather than stickers...but that is just me and I will be looking at other ways to use them.

Anyhow this card is on its way to a friend in the hope it will brighten her day.
Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...