Tuesday 23 May 2017

Back to tags...


 My niece is getting married next weekend and I have been really busy making all the little extras for her wedding so the blog got neglected as I stamped and punched and folded and stamped some more making table games and camera kits and signs and tags and cake boxes and  thousands of little hearts all in her wedding colours... The invites were done last year but I kept all the off-cuts because I knew they would come in handy...and they have. She is delighted and appreciative of all the work that goes into this  and while I was happy to do this (it was my wedding gift to them) I am glad my work is done... Now I can  concentrate on getting ready for ( I have a beautiful new dress but what am I going to do with my unruly hair eek!) and enjoying the wedding.

So today, to brush away some creative cobwebs I decided to make some tags...Made using distress oxides for the backgrounds...I did a trio of tags using similar backgrounds but very different design ideas...

The first one (top of the page) with Dreamweaver gold embossing paste through an  Um Wow Studio stencil...

 For the second I used a Katzelkraft stamp for the main image and Tim Holtz stamps for the text ...

And the for the third I used a Finnabair text stamp and  archival ink with a variety of mark makers that were on my desk. The quote was computer generated, printed on texture paper, edged with ink and adhered with matt gel medium.

I used my cropodile to make holes and tied each tag with some fabulous quality bakers twine I got online. I had great fun making all three, one of which (and I am undecided which as yet) will be part of a swap

Until next time
C xx









































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...