Monday 4 April 2016

Bookmarks

I love books (real ones) and bookmarks and so it was an easy decision for me  to take part in a bookmark swap. For this swap we had to make a pair of bookmarks based around a favourite book. Now asking me to choose a favourite book is like asking a mother to choose a favourite
child, but since I had a set of gorgeous Alice stamps it seemed only right to use them here...and who doesn't like the Alice books eh?

I made one wider and slightly longer than the other but basically used the same process to link the two. I started with mixed media paper and used a variety of inky sprays to from a background base - letting each colour dry before adding the next to avoid the possibility of "mud" colours. Once the base was dry I added some texture paste through an Um Wow Studio stencil and when they was dry I added colour using a variety of colours in the perfect pearls range...this gives the text a little bit of sparkle.

The stamps I used for this are from VLVS and I stamped them onto the background and then again onto another sheet of moondust  paper. I  coloured the background to the image on the right and then fussy cut the characters out of the the moondust images and adhered them over the top using gel medium.

For the tails of the bookmark I punched and set the bookmark with my cropodile and then used some wool fibres. I rolled paper beads around the tail ends of the fibres to finish them off and sealed them with a gloss finish. I placed the bookmarks on the worktable with the tails hanging over the edge to allow them to dry overnight and to prevent them form sticking to anything or to each other.

I was quite pleased with the end result and sad to have to have to put them in an envelope and send them off. I think I may make a second set for myself...I do love a nice bookmark!

Until next time, take care
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...