Tuesday 12 January 2016

Dream Big


Sticking with some of my fabulous VLVS stamps,  this one was another  card I made for a buddy swap this month.

I used a variety of sprays for the background and then I used the spritzer tool and markers to fill in some gaps and add some extra depth. As this was a sort of New Year theme (at least in my head)  I added the stamped burst in a shade of bright gold and stamped the Dream Big in archival black.

I decided to use the little girl with the crown for this one and I stamped her on a separate sheet and decided to colour only the crown and the sash and rose detail on her dress.

 Once this was done I fussy cut the image and decided on placement. ...But before I adhered her to the card I wanted to ground her ,rather than have her appearing to be  hanging in mid air. For this, I grabbed another VLVS stamp (designed by my friend - the fabulous DeeDee Catron) and over-stamped along the base using perfect pearls and some water mist. This gave some added interest, texture and a little shimmer too. Once everything was dry I ink edged the decorated panel, popped it onto a coordinating mat and once all was adhered I popped the little girl on the front using foam pads and added some teeny drops of crystal lacquer to adorn her crown.

I was pleased with the end result and hope my swap- buddy likes it too.

Until next time, take care

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...