Thursday 23 February 2017

52 week cafe card challenge and E is for Eclipse


I am really enjoying this weekly challenge and I am slowly getting used to working on something so small. I will admit it was hard at first, especially as my roots were in card making, but I am liking it more now.

For this card I began with a couple of fairly thick layers of "boiled gesso" background and I topped this with a couple of  fairly generous coats of black acrylic paint (I used Daler Rowney for this). I then rubbed in some Treasure Brass to highlight the textured surface and to provide the glow. The central focus was made by rolling and ink edging the eye shaped piece and adhering with distress medium to form delicate  teeny cracks. The letters (from Stampin' Up!) were stamped onto linen paper with black archival ink and adhered with gel medium.

This one took me the longest to actually begin but once I had the design idea fixed in my head it came together easily and I am happy with the result.
Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...