Friday 11 August 2017

Treasure chest



This is a project I am working on with my local Day Hospice art group. Its a simple wooden mini chest which has been distressed using acrylic paints, antiquing cream and texture sand.


The inside of the lid has an insert of distressed paper showing a bill of lading to keep to the general shipping theme... and inside there is some "treasure" set in the base of the chest


The treasure was made using some out of date mini macaroni - which I bought  ages ago fully intending to add to soup and of course never got around to making the soup... I rolled the macaroni in glue and set it in the base of the box and then painted it with gold metallic paint...on top of this I glued some random beads to complete the "faux treasure" Once it is all set there is still room to put small items in the box...

However I decided it would better if the box was fully functional and so I am doing another with the treasure on an insert box which fits inside the chest allowing a hidden compartment beneath the treasure to store real treasures.

This was a fun project and in my craft studio it only took me a couple of hours (including drying time) to complete. Of course in the art room with multiple participants it takes a lot longer, but it is still lots of fun.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...