I used heavy weight purple card stock and after I made the folds (but before I put the box together) I stamped it with black archival and a crackle stamp (from Andy Skinners TOXIC set). Then I cut my background paper and adhered that before folding the box to create the frame section.
It was at this point I decided I wasn't so keen on the pattern on the paper or the depth of colour of the pattern (I wasn't sure what it was to be honest) and so I ended up going over it lightly with some white gesso just to fade and blend the pattern a little in places. After that I used some texture paste through a script stencil and set it aside to dry. In future I think I will do all of that first because I managed to get a little gesso on the frame and didn't notice it until it was dry...white gesso smear on purple looked awful so I had to touch up the affected parts with purple paint... all of which could have been avoided if I did the messy stuff to the background before I assembled it all. Needless to say, Lesson learned!
The rest was all about choosing and prepping chipboard elements, flowers, gems etc and putting it all together. I did not have time to mess with it any longer but I think if it was staying here with me I may well have tinkered with it a bit more...but I had to call it done and get it packaged up and on its way. I hope the recipient will like it when she opens the package.
Until next time