Friday, 14 July 2017

Cray cray yeah


This week has been quite busy and little hectic at times. Aside from all the mundane stuff, I have begun facilitating a series of regular sessions as a volunteer with the Arts Programme at our local hospice and that was something new and it was fun.  There was also chocolate making and cake decorating alongside my card making this week and we managed to get a little of all done.  I didn't make any chocolates but I did add chocolate and lemon sprinkles to a cupcake... which I later ate...it was delicious! The maker of the cakes did get a Thank You card at the end of the session.

I don't have any photos of the card making to share, but instead there is this tag which I have made for a swap on UK Stampers. This used a Kraft card base which I cut with a tag die, some acrylic paints, background stamps and the image from Tim Holtz's Hipster set. All in all a fun set and a fun tag

Until next time
Cxx

Sunday, 2 July 2017

NOT the prettiest Coaster in the world...


I have  a desperate need to tidy my craft space...and so what do I end up doing? Making stuff with odd things I have lying around of course!

And today I spotted a pile of old seasonal catalogues from SU that should really be destined for the recycling bin... but then that old I'm sure I could make something with these thing kicked in and there I was tearing and rolling catalogues...until I had a basket of pretty strong paper straws...

I cut a 10cm square piece of kraft card, added some gel matt medium and started pressing the straws lightly onto the base until it covered. I then brushed the whole thing with a thin layer of mat medium and left it to dry, before trimming the overlapping pieces from each side.

Then I applied paint... I did not gesso first - I'm not sure why I skipped this because I pretty much always gesso everything before I add paint, and to be honest if I do this again I will add a layer of gesso before I start painting, but this was a practice run and nothing was harmed so I just added paint... and I kept adding paint until I was pretty happy with it.

Once it was all painted I then painted extra rolled paper straws to use to cover the open ends on two sides of my project. I tried adding a border all the way round but it was not working so I gave up... Once the straws were dry I added them and then painted over again...

Once everything was all stuck down, painted and dry I used a background stamp and some black archival ink to add some interest...

This coaster will definitely not win any prizes and it is absolute NOT the prettiest coaster in the world, but its mine and I had fun.

Until next time
Cxx

Cray cray yeah

This week has been quite busy and little hectic at times. Aside from all the mundane stuff, I have begun facilitating a series of regul...