Wednesday 28 June 2017

Silhouette


I had a spare hour this afternoon and after one of Marta's videos on YouTube, I  decided I would give a silhouette project a try.

I started with a seven inch square base which I taped down to the work mat and I applied several shades of blue acrylic paint (I used DecoArt but any acrylic paint will do) to form my background... and then once that was dry (and I had no patience so used a heat gun) I began with black acrylic paint and a fine brush using Marta's video tips as a guide.

I tried really hard not to think too much as I was working and soon became engrossed in what I was doing... and it was really  relaxing. I spent a lot more time on the tree than I expected but it was all good fun. I definitely will try this again and will of course try to develop it further...but for today it was an hour well spent.
Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...