Friday 23 June 2017

Any Excuse... for a Tag swap...

The recent heatwave has kept me out of my craft room and I was itching to get back in there and make something...anything...

And my something was this tag which will be used as part of a swap on UK Stampers.

Its actually quite large...I started with a mixed media background piece that measured 18 x 8 cm and when I was done with the background I liked it as it was and decided not to trim it down.

After  a base white gesso, I used a couple of shades of blue acrylic paint (DecoArt media line) and left it to dry.

Then I stamped over that using black archival ink and a variety of stamps...small text is a Finnabair stamp, other background stamps are from a set by Nathalie Kalbach for  Stampendous and the characters are stamps from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

I painted accents on the characters before fussy cutting and adhering them to the tag, after which I added some glossy accents to eyes, beak and buttons.

Ink sponged around the edges and then the tag was mounted onto Kraft card and an eyelet added with my cropadile.

I was quite pleased with how it turned out and hope that the swap recipient will like it when it lands on their doorstep.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...