Friday 17 March 2017

52 card cafe... G is for gears


I really liked working this one...mainly I think because I started with white gesso and black acrylic paint, applied very roughly to leave deliberate brush strokes with some thicker patches to bubble when it was heated.. . Once everything was dry and cool I  stamped some scratches from an Andy Skinner set using black archival ink and then started with gilding wax and building layers of ink and wax until I got the effect I wanted.

The gear cogs were die cut from metallic card in gold and dark bronze shades and over-stamped and layered. I loved the final industrial look of the playing card... who knew the five of spades could look like this?
Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...