Sunday 26 February 2017

Love Letters and Old Lace

This is a postcard I made for a swap...and the theme was Love Letters & Old Lace.

I will admit to feeling a little pressure with this one from the start... firstly because I was new to the group, but secondly as a newbie I was invited to set the theme...and then of course felt I really needed not to make a hash of it ...

I began with a layer of gesso (of course) and then added a  thin layer of acrylic paint. Once it was dry I used black archival ink and a French script stamp... which I then proceeded to largely cover with torn pieces of lace doily and more paint and a single application of gold wax...

On top of that I used plain white texture paste through a script stencil and gold embossing paste through a teeny hearts stencil. I stamped the word love randomly across the card.

I used a distress tool around the edges and then went over again with distress ink and the gold wax. I also used both of them on a layered flower which I adhered to the card and finished with a tied piece of old lace trim.

For the base I used Kraft card which I stamped over and over with a lace border stamp and black archival ink. Once everything was dry I adhered the centre of the panel to the base card to complete the project, leaving the distressed edges to lift from the base and reveal the lace stamping underneath.

It took a few days to complete this project because I did a bit and walked away...sometimes simple to let things dry, other times to give me some thinking time about the next step, but when I was finished I was happy with the end result ...and more importantly the recipient loved it.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...