Wednesday, 28 September 2016
I had such a blast with this. I can't show the whole thing here today because
A) there are just too many elements (cover , pages, pockets and tags)
and more importantly
B) I only just posted it off so my swap partner won't have seen it yet...
which is why I am sharing just one photo today...of the back of the journal...and no close ups!
This is the first time I have made this particular format and I was stunned by simple it is to assemble... in fact it was so easy I assembled three other bases at the same time as I made this one just so I have them ready to start on when the mood takes me. I particularly love that you may them in many sizes, the final size simply depends on the size of the sheet of paper or card you start with as your base.
I will be back with more details of this little project and hope maybe it will inspire someone else to have a go.
Until next time
Sunday, 25 September 2016
So feeling virtuous I decided I was going to go along simply to watch the demos...and this is where Lucy comes in... She was helping out on the PaperArtsy stand and she began to make a rather lovely tag...using ordinary tissue paper, inkfusions and treasure gold... and we chatted as she worked and she very kindly gave me the tag to take home...and it is gorgeous...
and because of Lucy's generosity of her time, skills and in handing over her creation, I decided I must try my hand at a similar project... and this is it. It is nothing at all like Lucy's lovely creation of course .. not helped by the fact I was slightly sidetracked by watching an art journal video online while making this (which is where the flowers came from) but the background was definitely inspired by Lucy...so Thanks Lucy, I had fun!
Until next time
Wednesday, 21 September 2016
I spotted this image on some patterned papers in my craft room and really liked it... so I cut one of the sheets down and used it for this bright card (which with the addition of a computer generated sentiment became a card for a Granddaughter.) I chose two of the colours from the image to tie in the mats and used a wink of Stella pen in the centre of the three coloured flowers for a little subtle sparkle. I was quite pleased with the end result.
Until next time,
Sunday, 4 September 2016
I have been languishing in self imposed exile while recovering from a small surgery, but now I am back with a selection of tags I made for an International swap.
The tags on the right I made using brushos, stencils and stamps
The tags on the left were made using Decoart fluid acrylic paints.
It was such fun to simply relax and play with the materials and tags are fast becoming a favourite of mine.
Hopefully my swap buddies will like them ...
Until next time, take care
The recent heatwave has kept me out of my craft room and I was itching to get back in there and make something ...anything... And my som...
I am taking part in a year long challenge with the group at Maremi Creative Cafe ...the aim is to to alter a playing card (from an ordina...
I just love this ratty lil mousey rat (I thought it was a mouse but the title of the stamp calls it a rat...shock horror!) Anyhow...it ...
Busy busy day today and so a simple birthday card in gorgeous neutrals for day 29. The message on the outside says "Lots of people ...