Sunday 21 February 2016

Birthday card

March is a birthday heavy month in our family and friends circle and I am trying to get ahead of myself because some of these cards need to travel a fair distance and I can't leave them to the last minute.

I love the simplicity of this one...The Tonic die was on offer as a weekly deal at CraftsULove and so was hard to resist and as soon as it arrived I opened it and did a few test cuts because that always helps me to have a better idea of how I will use the die in my projects.

This card is going to be mailed overseas and so needed to be fairly flat... but flat does not have to mean boring and I love the detailed die cut on the back ground piece... in fact I thought it was enough really and so all I added was a pair of small stamped and punched butterflies  around the stamped greeting and a pearl gem at each corner.
I really like how this came out and I hope it travels well.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...