Sunday 17 January 2016

Keeping it simple

I was sorting through some of my stamps last evening and came across a plate of Alice in Wonderland themed stamps which included this one.

I really liked the black on white for this image and I stamped it onto linen card which gave it a more line art effect. I adhered  the stamped image onto a red  mat to make it pop.

I wasn't sure about the flat plain background of the base card and decided to add texture by embossing the front of the card. For this I used an 8x8 folder in a basket weave pattern.

I haven't added any sentiment or greeting as yet because this truly is an all occasions card and I shall keep it in my cards to go basket until its needed.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...