Tuesday 19 January 2016

Choose Happiness

I was playing around in my craft room today with some emboss resist and some floating colour. The centre panel was one of my off cut test pieces but I really liked the soft embossed flower on the cream pearly card so I added some more water and some Brushos ...

With the freedom that comes  with free-fall crafting, I opened the box of Brushos and ,  without even looking to see what they were, grabbed three at random  and added them to the panel. To ground the flower I stamped a couple of leaf stems and added colour to them with a blender pen. I  stamped and heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom of the panel.

By the time I had finished working on this panel it was pretty warped from all the water I had used so I stuck it firmly to some purple card and then using lots of foam tape added that panel to another piece of the cream pearl card and that formed my completed mat panel for the centre of the card.

I really didn't want any more stamping or patterned papers around the focal image panel but I wasn't so keen on the plain card either side, so I embossed the edges with a border embossing folder (from Stampin' Up!) and I liked that as a frame for my panel. I punched a bow from a scrap of the painted pearl card and added that with a glue dot. A purple gem finished it off.

Inside I added a cream panel which I sponged with ink all around the edges , added a stamped greeting and a die cut butterfly...and that was my card, born out of a scrap of inky card. I just love it when something simply falls into place. That is Serendipity!

Until next time, take care

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious (AJP)

Back to basics with this simple art journal page offering. A mop up page, some finger painting, stamps and mark making added and I was pl...